What We Offer
We can handle asbestos removal jobs of all scale and complexity. No jobs are toodifficult or too big for our team. Whether it is a project in a largecommercial, small business, or a residential property; we can help!
- Residential, commercial, and industrial properties
- Certified, qualified and experienced removalists
- Fully-insured removalists
Through GO, get quality services â at great costs. Leave all your asbestos-related problems to our team; we will handle them with care!
- 100% free quote
- No obligation to hire
- 24/7 asbestos services in a single call
Our Range of Services
We provide exceptional asbestos removal and testing services for you.
When it comes to Asbestos Removal, look further than GO!
GO takes care of everything.
Want to learn more about asbestos? Read the article below.
Live Free from Asbestos!
As an Australian, we are often dealing with an asbestos-containing material (ACM) everywhere we go. This harmful material was so popular back in the 1980âs. Therefore, most of the old houses in Australia have fibrous products. However, you might also own an ACM product even if your home was built before 2003 too. Why? Because this hazardous substance was just finally banned in 2003.
Now your head must be filled with questions about this substance:
- What does it take to handle such materials?
- Are you allowed to remove it by your own?
- Are people being exaggerated by the ACM effects?
Now, find out everything you must to know about asbestos here in this article. Raise your awareness of how dangerous this substance is. Then, make a wise decision to conduct asbestos removal Brisbane jobs immediately.
Donât cost your life at risk! Put your safety first; so you can live last long!
8 most asked questions about asbestos and itsâ dangers
1. What is Asbestos?
Asbestos is natural mineral fibres that has great abilities. It has many great properties such as:
- heat resistant
- electrical insulator
- sound absorber
- tensile strengthener
- fire resistant
Usually, this substance is mixed with woven or cement to create fabrics or mats. Itsâ abilities made it a popular choice for building materials, and it has been used since 4000 years ago. But, nowadays it is known as a dangerous material.
Read more: /en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asbestos
2. Why is it dangerous?
Being exposed to fibrous materials is dangerous. It may lead to severe lung diseases such as mesothelioma, lung cancer, asbestosis when you inhale the harmful fibres. According to medical studies, there is still no specific cure to heal these illnesses.
Most of the medicines used today are only to treat the symptoms and not the diseases. Moreover, there is no safe level of being exposed to fibre substances. You may have to be very careful whenever you come near an ACM product.
3. How Do We Know If Thereâs an ACM in Our House?
You will never know for sure whether your house is contaminated with this harmful substance or not. This is why it is better for you to check it first. Try to perform an inspection and do an asbestos testing Brisbane work by a removalist. You will get a comprehensive report of all information about fibre products in your house. By then, you can decide whether to remove the product or not.
4. Can I Do an Asbestos Removal and Testing by My Own?
If it is more than 10 square meters, then strictly you canât. DIY kits and procedures are prohibited in handling the fibre products. There are rules set by the Government of Australia to deal with ACMs properly. Fines and criminal charges can be your next threat if you try to handle them carelessly. Therefore, use professional assessor services to conduct such jobs! Contact us and we will get it done for you safely!
5. How Do I know that I Need Asbestos Removal Services?
The harmful fibre wonât cause any harm if it is still in good condition. However, like any other products in your place, it will eventually get broken or weathered.
Now ask yourself, do you really have to wait until itâs too late to remove the hazardous product?
As we discussed before, you must visually check its presence first before you finally decide to conduct further treatments. Yes, just look at the suspected product; Donât even think to remove it yourself. The ACM product will easily generate more fibre dust when it gets disturbed.
So, it is better for you to remove all ACM products from your place before they get broken. We provide complete services of non-friable asbestos removal Brisbane for you. Feel free to call us to get a consultation of fibre product problems in your property!
6. Where Can I Probably Find Fibrous Products in My Place?
You can find ACM products almost everywhere.
- Air conditioning
- Corrugated roof sheets
- Roof membranes
- Compressed fibre cement-sheet floors
- Compressed sheeting
- Vinyl Floor tiles
- Electrical backing boards
- Fibre sheet
- Fire doors
- Fibre cement sheeting
- Insulation and sheeting to fire doors
- Spray on fire rating material to structural beams and ceiling
- Spark arresters
- Heater and boiler insulation
- Pipe lagging
- Water pipes
- Flange gaskets to pipes
- Molded cement water pipes
- Millboard insulation
- Molded fibre lining to telephone pits
- Molded cistern tanks
- Pointing work
- Bituminous products
- Pit linings
- Sound dampeners
- Spray applied coatings
- Window putty
- Spandrel panels
7. How Do I Start an Asbestos Removal Brisbane Work?
Every removal work always starts with sampling and testing on the fibre product. Call us or get a free quote to have everything done. Our removalists will come and take samples that represent all areas of the building. They will bring the samples to be tested in a laboratory with a NATA certification. Only qualified assessors can handle the jobs.
After the testing process is finished, they will deliver a brief report of everything you need to know about the fibre condition in your place. This can help you to take a further consultation with our removalists on which step is best to be taken in dealing with the fibres. Our assessors are keen to help you and provide you with the best solution.
8. Do I Need to Prepare Anything for Asbestos Removal Brisbane Services?
By simply calling us, youâre already one step closer to live free from ACMs. You need to prepare nothing because we are fully equipped with the needed proper tools and protective gears.
However, these are basic equipment you need to prepare when you conduct a removal work:
- P2 mask with respirator (according to the Australian standard)
- Breathable, disposable coveralls
- Disposable boot covers
- Disposable safety gloves
- Enough black plastics to wrap the harmful waste, at least 2mm thick
- Dust-wipe rags
- Triggered water spray bottle
- Dust-binding solutions, fibre-bonding or similar sealant and spray bottle to put it in.
- Warning sticker â to label the hazardous waste
But there are still a lot more things to prepare to deal with fibres safely. So, instead of bothering yourself with preparing these matters, call us now to handle the ACM in the most secure manner!
How to Conduct a Safe Asbestos Removal Brisbane Work?
There are things you must obey to conduct a removal work. Hereâs what you need to remember:
- Make a well-ventilated area and, if needed, in the open air (on shiny days).
- Gently dampen all of the harmful material surfaces down when conducting the work by using a sprayer. Keep everything wet during the work until the material is wrapped and ready for being taken to the legal landfill.
- Use hand tools to prevent the generation of dust, including guillotine, hand-powered drill or handsaw.
- First, take off all nails to help remove all the sheeting safely with less breakage.
- Carefully put down the harmful sheets to the ground then cover them with plastic sheeting of about 0.2 mm thick, like heavy-duty buildersâ plastic.
- Minimise breaking or cutting the ACM products.
- Remove and dispose of all your used personal protective equipment. Take a shower and wash your hair thoroughly right away. Donât forget to clean your hands and fingernails. Ensure thereâs no ACM dust left on your body.
- Use high-pressure water jets to wet the ACM surfaces. By doing this, the material may generate and spread more dust to its surroundings.
- Scrub the ACM product surfaces.
- Use powerful tools including compressed air, sanding discs or abrasive cutters. These will generate more harmful dust too.
- Walk over the weathered ACM roofing. You might fall by stepping on weak spots.
- Leave uninstalled fibre products anywhere without safely wrapping it in bags or containers first.
Yes, performing an asbestos extraction work is not easy. Thatâs why you must call a professional contractor to conduct the job. Through GO, you can get everything done safely in no time.
Why Do You Need to Contact Us?
These are why you have to contact us for your asbestos removal Brisbane project:
- We are B-class licensed and accredited for conducting non-friable asbestos removal works.
- We have been involved in the asbestos industry for years.
- We provide a control plan before executing the work.
- We deliver a thorough decontamination process after the asbestos removal process.
- Using appropriate equipment and modern technology.
- We can handle any job; big or small, residential to commercial.
- Safely remove ACM products in compliance with government regulations.
- Competitive prices, great value.
- Provide a free quote for all clients!
Get exceptional services with GO! We provide high-quality services at value prices! Put your mind at ease and call us now. Let our removalists take all of the dangerous fibres from your house, effectively and efficiently.